Oh goodness, so much has happened since my last post.
There's been a stomach bug going around Oxford and it's been insane to see the way that it just rips through our little community here on base. Thankfully I haven't gotten sick yet, and God willing, no one else will. Two out of my five room mates have spent a night in the living room with a bucket and I was woken the other night to the sound of one of my neighbors puking in the bathroom that we share. I'm usually pretty susceptible to stomach related viruses so it's been a small miracle that I haven't caught it.
We've had two speakers so far, Femi Oni, who taught on Calling and Destiny and has a strong gift of prophecy, and Aaron Walsh, who taught on the character and nature of God. They both had really good things to say but I'm still waiting for a really good challenge, something completely new to me. I think my favorite point of Aaron's teaching was to build your theology upon the promises of God rather than our own firsthand experience. How easy is it, while praying or praising, to think to yourself "God's not going to use me for a miracle." "God's not going to speak through me or to me" Just because he never has, does not mean he never will. Believe in his promises.
We had our first Justice League worship set last Friday morning. I guess technically I was lead vocalist, so that was weird.
We were given our official outreach options this week! I'm not able to post specifics for the safety of the missionaries already doing work in those areas but there were four options, 2 in southeast Asia, 1 in the Middle East and 1 in Central America. We were given a vague description of ministry opportunities for each location and then our school leaders gave us 24 hours to pray about it and give them our top three choices. We'll be splitting up into teams of about 4 students+1 staff member. We haven't been told who is leading which team. So now we wait to find out where we are going and who we are going with. And how much it's going to cost : )
Please be praying for the teams and especially for the school staff!
No comments:
Post a Comment