Thursday, June 7, 2012

So today the devotional that I'm going through encouraged me to make a list of the things I'm worried about in my journal. I came up with only two things (which is a blessing, of course)
1. Now what??
 (which I'm not addressing here...I know it'll be answered eventually and I just need patience)
2. The people in my life that have not experienced a true revelation of God and the freedom that only he can offer, and the daily decisions that they make to keep them from ever having such a revelation.

     I know that I have to accept that there is no sense in worrying about these people. The best and only thing that I can do for them is pray to the God that wants the same thing for them as I do, only exponentially more so. And to respect that they have been given free will the same as myself. I can only exemplify what I've done with my freewill and how joyful my life is because of it. In a way that is natural and not forced.

But that got me to thinking. You know how Satan's cleverist trick is to just slightly perverse something, so that it looks right at first, but over time it gradually becomes farther and farther away from the purity it once had? And you know how one of the biggest downfalls of the church is that people are not honest with one another, therefore they are not there for one another-sharing each other's burdens. Instead, everyone puts on a happy face and buries whatever is going on in their lives because they have to put on a front that they have God and therefore have everything under control? I wonder, did this begin with good intentions?? Did someone say, as I just have, "I'm going to let the joy that I've received overflow into my daily life so that others-without this same joy-may experience it, and receive it themselves"? And then over time this mindset was perverted into what I've just described as a cancer in the church?

I don't know, just something to think about. That Satan character is a sneaky guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment