I know that hardly anyone reads this, so I'm not really getting the word out there or anything, but I just have to get this off of my chest.
Ok, so I watched a show this week in which the good "Christian" girl lost her virginity before marriage and then freaked out afterward because shewas saving herself for her husband because she "loves Jesus" and "Jesus hates" her now and she's not even sure that he will listen to her prayers anymore. She goes on and on about how,
"I love Jesus so much and I was ashamed to tell anyone before but his relationship was the only one that I could rely on, blah blah blah"
Oh my goodness, I would like to take a moment to clear up any wrongly conceived notions that Hollywood has given to Christianity. If this girl truly had a relationship with Jesus, she would know that there is absolutely nothing that you can do that will ever cause Jesus to stop loving you. He's never going to turn a deaf ear to your prayers, even if you're a serial child molester.
We are all human, we all make human mistakes whether or not we acknowledge or even recognize that a mistake has been made. We have been redeemed and God not only desires, but demands, that we enter his presence with the knowledge that we are INNOCENT and FREE!
It breaks my heart that most of the first world has got it all wrong. Who was it that asked whether or not media gives Christians a bad name? I can't remember but wow, I think the answer is a resounding yes.
amen.
ReplyDelete