Sunday, July 1, 2012

Wrote this one awhile back, never realized that I didn't publish it:

People keeping asking, how have things been since you've been back? Some of the time I can't tell if they're genuinely interested or if they are just asking a question to fill the space. But I can't complain. Sure, I miss everyone that I met and I miss...well I miss alot of things. Too many to list. But I'm happy to have my own space again. I'm happy to have all of the little things that I took for granted before spending 3 months in a third world country. Things have been better with my parents than they ever have been before. But the thing is, even though I can't complain and I have so much to be thankful for and I've managed to keep myself busy, it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel like I'm home and I don't think that it ever will again. It makes sense. We weren't created for this world. We were created for the infinite glory beyond it. And once you've been given a taste of that, nothing here is ever going to suffice again. In Graham Cooke's "Uncommon Love" he tells us that God will never ask us to give something up about ourselves without giving us something better in return. He may take away with one hand, but he holds a gift for you in the other. Graham also pointed out that it's usually something that we don't like about ourselves anyway. Something that we'd like to give up but we don't quite know how to. I was thinking about this the other day, and how true it is. Until the very end. Up until our last breath, God takes our shallow shadow of a life here, to replace it with an eternal one with him. This is only the prologue.

No comments:

Post a Comment